A Note from Shaun Steingold, CEO
Dear Healthi Family,
In this time of uncertainty, I wanted to reach out on behalf of all of us at Healthi to let you know that we are here for you, and we are listening.
I want to thank you, first and foremost, for being a part of the Healthi community. Your health and well-being are always on our minds, but now more than ever we want to focus on ways to help our community stay healthy and strong!
For many of you, your usual routines have been disrupted and you may be adjusting to a new normal. As you make these adjustments, we want to point you toward some resources that will help you stay on track with your weight loss journey:
- For when you need Community. (Link only works on mobile!)
- For when you want to try new recipes.
- For when you need motivation.
- For when you want to workout. We have partnered with two wonderful friends of ours to help you workout and stay active at home.
We’re also going to be putting out some new blogs over the coming days and weeks, specifically talking about how to prevent boredom eating, self care, and other topics that are especially relevant at this moment. You can subscribe to our blog HERE to stay up-to-date, or follow us on Instagram.
If there’s anything else we can do to support you, please let us know. We know the future feels uncertain in this moment, but that doesn’t mean we stop caring about our goals. Now, more than ever, the Healthi community is here for you.
Wishing you health and hope,
A Note from Arlene Yohn, Head of Member Support
A warm “hello” to all our valued Healthi members!
Our daily lives are being impacted in ways that few of us have ever experienced before, and so we have to be creative in how we deal with this new normal.
The first thing that I want to share is that we are here! We are here for you, and we are here should you need anything at all during these uncertain and trying times.
We are all making adjustments to our lives and routines, and that is good. We can incorporate these adjustments into our weight loss journeys as well.
Here are some suggestions to help stay on track:
- Food Substitutes: In many regions, members may be experiencing difficulty finding the healthier foods such as fresh produce, fruits and vegetables. That’s ok, simply switch out the foods for what you have on hand or what you can easily purchase. The important things is to continue to practice portion control, weigh, measure and of course track everything.
- Meal Prep: Not only is this a great way to feed a family, meal prepping will keep you busy. For the bonus point, include the family in the prepping and cooking to keep them busy as well. Soups, stews, chili, anything you have on hand can be incorporated. These dishes are great to prepare and freeze for future meals.
- Exercise & Keep Busy: Many are now at home with their families. This is a great opportunity to increase your activity with your extra time. Walking in parks or in neighborhoods that are not crowded is still an option. Spending time with the family, finding a project everyone can be involved with, spring cleaning, playing games, new hobbies, etc. Keeping busy is so important.
Lastly, I want to express how much we value you as an Healthi member! If you need anything at all, we are here for you at Support. Please also spend time reaching out in our Community and Facebook groups. Our Healthi Coaches are here to assist you, along with other members who are trying to remain successful in their journeys.
Wishing you health and success!