Chef Jordan’s Cozy Kale Protein Bowl
This high protein bowl is perfect as we begin to approach cooler, fall and winter weather. Pairs well with red wine and can be modified easily for different taste palates. *Tip: try adding candied pecans or dried cranberries!
Cozy Kale Protein Bowl
|1/4||Medium Red Onion, sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Sun Dried Tomatoes|
|1/3 Cup||Great Northern Beans, warmed|
|2 Tsp||Olive Oil|
|2 Tbsp||Fat Free Athenos Feta Cheese|
|5 Ounces||Perdue Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast|
|2 Tbsp||Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning|
|2 Tsp||Flaky Sea Salt|
|3 Tsp||Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 Tbsp||Hormel Real Bacon Bits|
|1 Tsp||Mike’s Hot Honey|
- In a grilling pan or skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Tenderize your chicken with a meat mallet/tenderizer. This helps keep it juicy and flattens it to cook evenly. Rub with 1 tsp salt & blackened seasoning.
- Grill over medium heat until blackened and heated through most of the way. Flip and let cook until it reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) Set aside to cook and let rest while you build your veggie base.
- In a large bowl, add onion, kale, arugula, 1 tsp olive oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Massage the oil into the kale, being sure to massage in small amounts until you’ve covered everything in oil. (Massaging kale makes it softer and less bitter so don’t skip this part!)
- In a pan over medium heat, add the kale mixture and toss until it begins to wilt a bit, then add your bacon bits. Toss & remove from heat to prevent over wilting.
- Add the kale mixture to a bowl. Then top with your great northern beans, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese. Slice the chicken and place on top. *Drizzle with hot honey and sprinkle with parsley (optional)💡Note: You may choose to use cooking spray to blacken your chicken. Use caution as blackening really works better with oil.
Watch the full video on Instagram
Healthi Weight Loss Plans
Carb Conscious: 10 BITES
Conquer Cravings: 9 BITES
Sugar Smart: 8 BITES
Better Balance: 11 BITES
Calorie Command: 477 Calories
Keeping Keto: 30 Net Carbs