Chef Jordan’s Maple Banana Oat Bread
Using Fairlife protein in place of milk in this recipe bumps up your protein content in a tasty way! With 9g of protein, these banana oat bread squares will help you stay satiated while serving as either breakfast or a quick snack! Served warm right from the oven, these are a perfect & cozy comfort food!
Maple Banana Oat Bread
|1.5 Medium||Bananas, Ripe|
|1/2 Cup||Rolled Oats|
|3/4 Cup||Oat Flour|
|1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp||Fairlife Core Power Vanilla Protein|
|1 Tsp||Maple Extract|
|2 Tsp||Baking Powder|
|2 Tbsp||Brown Sugar Substitue|
|2 Tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|1/4 Cup||Powdered Allulose|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped Walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add in egg, maple extract, 1/2 cup fairlife protein, brown sugar sub and mix with a hand or stand mixer until frothy.
- Next, add in your oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, & salt. Fold in gently until just combined. (Do not over mix or you will yield tough oat bread)
- Add to a baking dish prepared with parchment paper and cooking spray of choice. (I use avocado oil spray; baking dish is 10x6x2 inch)
- Bake for 20-25 mins (ovens will vary: mine was done at exactly 22 mins)
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes
- In the meantime, mix together your allulose, maple syrup, and 2 tbsp fairlife vanilla protein to make the glaze.
- Add to a ziploc bag, cut the tip, and drizzle on top. Add on your chopped walnuts and cut into 4 even squares.
- Notes: The baking dish I used is the smallest in a set & measures 10x6x2. You can use a bread loaf pan, but you may need to add extra time.
- A toothpick should come out almost clean, but still a bit gooey. As it cools, it will firm up more. Over baking will dry out your bread.
- Additionally, you may choose to sub ChocZero Maple syrup or Sugar free pancake syrup of choice in place of maple syrup to save a few calories or BITES.
Watch the full video on Instagram
Healthi Weight Loss Plans
Carb Conscious: 7 BITES
Conquer Cravings: 4 BITES
Sugar Smart: 5 BITES
Better Balance: 5 BITES
Calorie Command: 219 Calories
Keeping Keto: 49 Net Carbs