By Healthi Coach Jeri
Discovering other people with the same goals and struggles is absolutely essential to our continued growth and education. We are not alone. This is why the Healthi Community in the App can make such a difference in our progress. We always like to say, a weight loss journey is a personal journey, but it is a more successful journey when travelled with others.
Being able to relate to others that have the same issues and struggles is empowering. When members are successful they are willing to share what they learned and ate, what food plan they did well on, new food finds and recipes. These tips go a long way in helping you realize that you are not alone in your weight loss journey.
Everyone has questions when they start. The community is a great source of knowledge and can help you get started on your weight loss journey. Then something magical happens, over time you become an important part of the community and start sharing your learning with other new members 🙂
Here are some benefits to becoming part of the community on the app:
- When you are doing well you want to share your enthusiasm and success. You will get many positive response which always feels good.
- When you have a slip or are nervous about an event, so many members will try and lift you up! Good advice comes from people that know exactly where you are coming from.
- uccess is attractive. Wanting to achieve what others have achieved lets you know it can be done.
- People tend to listen to each other more when they are in the same boat. Your friends and family that never had a weight issue are not the best source of advice, how can they relate.
- Food finds, recipes and meal plans. So many members when getting started do not know what to eat. When other members post pictures of their food finds or new recipes the reaction is encouraging; “I’m going to try that!”
- There are tons of Groups to join to deal with particular issues. My favorite was the Diabetes Group. There are Community Groups for activity, lifestyle, age, health resources, single, and accountability buddies. There is something for everyone.
- Lastly there are real coaches to answer your questions. Not robots. I’m in the Community, come say Hi!
The benefits of group support through meetings, podcasts, or community can make a significant difference in your road to success. Most of us feel very lonely when we think no one understands what we are going through. Discovering you are not alone, and learning that there is support can ease that feeling of loneliness. There is strength in numbers and accepting help and listening to others can only be beneficial. The more you share, the more you get to know yourself, and gain keen insight on how to deal with success as well as setbacks.