Restaurant Guide to
The smell of coffee in the morning can surely bring a smile to our faces. At Starbucks, they strive to craft the perfect cup of coffee. Whether you like yours hot and bold or tasty and cold, you’ll be loving your Healthi Starbucks order.
THIS PLACE IS KNOWN FOR
3 QUICK TIPS FOR EATING HEALTHI AT STARBUCKS
- Sub out heavier milk and creams for nonfat milk, almond or half & half
- The only sugar free syrup is French vanilla, so you can use that for “sweetening” up drinks
- Each flavored syrup is about 20 calories and 5 grams sugar. Ask for 1 pump regular syrup then add in a pump or two of sugar free vanilla, or ask for Stevia/Splenda packets
FRIENDLY MENU ITEM’S AT STARBUCKS
Now, it’s Coffee Time! We know that many of the Starbucks drinks are heavy on sugar. But there are changes you can make to get your drink lighter and make it fit into your day. You’ll want to stay away from Frappuccino’s since they’ll be much higher in calories and sugar.
Let’s start with hot, black coffee. They have multiple choices here: Veranda Blend, Dark Roast, Medium Roast and Decaf. The Cafe Misto is a great choice if you like steamed milk in your coffee.
When it comes to ordering flavored drinks, you’ll have to order very specifically. Here are some great combos to try that are lighter on calories and macros.
Here’s how to order:
- White Mocha- Grande Caffe Misto, sub nonfat milk, 1 pump White Mocha, 3 pumps sugar free vanilla
- Pumpkin Spice “Latte”- Grande Cafe Misto, sub nonfat milk, 2 pumps Pumpkin, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla
- Caramel Cafe Misto- Grande Cafe Misto, sub almond milk, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla, 2 pumps caramel
- Salted Caramel Mocha- Tall Blonde Americano, 1 pump toffee nut, 1 pump mocha, steamed almond milk (you can add your own sweetener if you like it sweeter)
- Chai Tea Latte- Grande Chai Tea, 2 stevia packets, steamed almond milk, extra cinnamon powder
Here are some lightened up iced coffee drinks:
- Vanilla Green Tea Latte- Grande Iced Green Tea Latte, sub almond milk, 1 scoop of Matcha, 3 pumps sugar free vanilla
- Iced White Mocha- Grande Iced Coffee, no classic syrup, 2 pumps white mocha sauce, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla, nonfat milk
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte- Grande Iced Coffee, no classic syrup, 1 pump pumpkin spice sauce, 3 pumps sugar free vanilla, light cream (optional- add extra pumpkin spice topping)
- Nitro Caramel Cold Brew- Grande Nitro Cold Brew, 1 pump caramel syrup, 3 pumps sugar free vanilla
- Toffee Nut Brown Sugar Cold Brew- Grande cold brew, 1 pump toffee nut, 2 pumps brown sugar, ask for just a splash of half & half, one packet of your favorite sweetener
- Dirty Vanilla Chai- Grande Chai Tea Latte, sub nonfat milk, 1 pump chai, sugar free vanilla syrup, 1 shot espresso, cinnamon powder topping
- Irish Cream a cold Brew- Grande Cold Brew, 2 pumps Irish cream syrup, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla, ask for just a splash of cream
- Chocolate Cold Brew- Grande Cold a brew, 1 pump mocha syrup, 3 pumps sugar free vanilla, light cream
Not only does Starbucks do coffee (and they do it great), they also have some Healthi food choices too! The breakfast menu has great items to choose from to go with your morning coffee. Like the Spinach, Feta & Egg White Wrap for only 290 calories! The Turkey Bacon, Cheddar & Egg White Sandwich on an English muffin is another great choice for only 230 calories.
The Sous Vide Egg Bites are on another level when it comes to their soft, decadent flavor! Depending on the flavors you choose, they range from 170 calories to 300.
Breakfast isn’t the only thing Starbucks does well. They also have lunch options. The Tomato & Mozzarella on Focaccia is delicious and comes in at 360 calories. The Ham & Swiss on Baguette is another great choice. They also have Protein Boxes (locations may vary) that are a great way to get protein in and stay full. The Cheese & Fruit Protein Box is a great mix and also a good way to get some fruit in. It comes with Brie, Gouda and aged Cheddar with olive oil and sea salt crackers, as well as apples and grapes. Yum!
The Eggs & Cheddar Protein Box comes with two hard-boiled eggs, sliced tart apples, grapes and white cheddar cheese with multigrain muesli bread. Delicious!